|This is the lattice version...|
|And this is full crust. Love it both ways!!!|
YUMMY! It is so good and so easy to make....
Chicken Pot Pie
2-3 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Breast
1 – 15 oz package refrigerated Pie Crusts
¼ cup Butter
1 garlic clove crushed or very finely chopped
1 large Onion very finely chopped
3-5 TBS All Purpose Flour
1 ½ - 2 cups Chicken Broth
½ - 3/4 cup Heavy Cream (can use milk)
1-2 cups frozen hash browns
½ - 16 oz bag frozen corn
1/2 – 16 oz bag of frozen peas and carrots
1 Egg Yolk
1 TBS Water
Salt and pepper to taste and any other seasonings you like
1. Preheat oven to 425. Place Chicken in a large saucepan, add enough cool water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain the Chicken and let it cool. When cooled a little bit cube it up.
2. Meanwhile, fit one piece of the crust into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate, set aside. Roll out the remaining piece of crust on a lightly floured surface and slice into1/2 inch strips and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook stirring for 3 minutes. Whisk in the flour, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add the broth and cream, whisk until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in the chicken, frozen peas and carrots corn, hash browns OR ANY other veggie you'd like, it is especially good with broccoli too, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon the filling into the prepared pie pan. Arrange the pie crust strips in the same direction on top of the pie, twisting them as you go and then n the other way. Fold the edges under and crimp to seal. OR Just cover the top with pie dough and crimp edges to seal and be sure to slice vent holes or make a design in the top for steam venting.
5. Beat the egg yolk and water. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture, place the pie on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake until the pie crust is golden and the filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try it.